Deben Yacht Club Youth Development Fund was established to help club members who wish to compete in open or national events. The aim is to further develop and support “Junior, Youth and U18” DYC sailors and encourage sailing to a higher level, whilst raising the profile of the club at the same time.
The criteria are:
• that they have to be under 18 on 1st January of the year in which the event,
• they will only receive a maximum of £200 per application,
• there is a maximum of one grant per person per calendar year if sufficient funds are available,
• they race regularly at DYC and
• they commit to writing a report on the event for the DYC website or similar.
Applications are not accepted after events have taken place and no application will be considered for keelboat events apart from match or team racing events.
Any applications can be made to the DYC Honorary Secretary either by post to the club or email.
For a Youth Development Fund Application Form email the DYC Honorary Secretary.
How will my application be decided?
Applications will be considered by three non-related members of the General Committee, who will endeavour to give you a decision within one month, but please don’t leave it until the last moment!
We would remind you that funding is limited by budget and demand, and will be allocated on a case-by-case basis.
Download the application form: Here