Corona Virus Update – Sunday 2/8/2020
We are working towards a sailing programme to include racing, training, and escorted recreational sailing if we can. Meanwhile we are continuing to run ad-hoc events up to and including some organised racing during the week planned for our annual regatta. Until then, keep an eye on the DYC Latest Posts on this home page to find out what is happening week on week We will continue to follow advice from the RYA, which allows sailing events but still suggests we do not open the clubroom or changing rooms. Numbers of boats entering also needs to be controlled and if weather conditions mean rescue is likely then cancellations will occur. Social distancing must be observed on land, so whenever you go to the club please keep apart and wash or sanitize your hands (again)!
Dip into the health and safety page and take a look at the COVID 19 special operating procedures and instructions. In particular, the set of presentation slides called “back-to-sailing-(date)” which presents all salient points very effectively including planned use of club boats and social (ie club) sailing which is not quite there yet but watch this space.
- If you have symptoms of virus do not sail.
- Members classed as vulnerable should not sail.
- Tell someone when and where you intend to sail.
- Change into sailing gear at home.
- Social distancing – members should keep suitable separation in the dinghy park, launching ramp and elsewhere on club premises.
- Members should follow the advice about limited contact
- Sailing in company with other boats is allowed.
- Avoid touching face, mouth and eyes.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Avoid face to face contact with non householders even at social distance.
- When planning their voyage, minimize risks to themselves and others:
- Stay close to the club,
- Only sail in good weather conditions,
- Be aware of the state of the tide.
- After sailing you may wash down your boat using the dinghy park hose.
- Please follow any other advice displayed at the club.
We are a family friendly club and welcome all new members, whether you’ve never set foot on a boat or are an experienced sailor.
We offer a full calendar of events throughout the sailing season including a mixture of dinghy and yacht racing, flotillas and leisure sailing, all supported by our safety boat team.
We are an RYA Training Centre and offer a number of sailing training courses for cadets and adults. We also carry safety boat courses to members
It’s easy to store and launch your boat – we have a large dinghy park and slipway and 21 moorings. Don’t have a boat? Don’t worry – we have over 30 club boats for members to use, including Toppers, Topper Argos, RS Qubas, RS Fevas, a Laser and Wayfarers.
To get a feel for the club and the wide range of activities we offer, please explore our website and take a look at our Newsletters.
For more information or enquiries about joining the club, contact membership secretary, Frances Alexander on 01394 385221