**The course is now full**
Thursday 3 August (11:30 start) and Friday 4 August (12:00 start)
• 12 places are available on the course. Youngsters should be at least 10 years old. You must be a member of DYC before you start your training course.
• We will mostly be using single-handers (Toppers & Qubas).
• The training fleet will be supervised by a RYA Senior Instructor.
• In the event of a no-sail we will work ashore on theory and practical tasks. If sessions have to be shortened youngsters’ families will be contacted.
• Cost is £50 per person. This includes boat use, support boat cover, instruction afloat & ashore, RYA books and certification, insurance, loan of buoyancy aid.
- Warm clothes that are OK to get wet; hat & gloves/mittens
- Several thin layers or wetsuit & layers
- Water- & wind-proof jacket and trousers (or spraysuit)
- Buoyancy aid (we advise you to buy your own but you can borrow one from us)
- Wetsuit boots or other suitable footwear like old trainers (not garden wellies)
- Towel and change of clothes
- Your LOGBOOK if you have done a previous course
- In the event of a ‘no sail’ being declared for an individual session we will cover elements of theory and undertake practical activities on land so trainees will still gain valuable experience and practice. In the event of DYC having to cancel any sailing sessions before the date of the sessions we will refund an appropriate fraction of the course fee. In the event of DYC having to cancel the course your course fee will be refunded in full.
- If applicants have to miss individual sessions unfortunately we will not be able to arrange a refund. In the event of an applicant having to cancel their application for the course we will endeavour to find a new applicant. If successful, a refund will be arranged.
- We will always try to be flexible if people’s circumstances change so individual cases will be looked at on their merits.
Chief Instructor (dinghy sailing), DYC